Job ID: 79889
Tilbury, O N
The Quality Engineer must provide engineering and customer support required to develop and manufacture products for the automotive market. Duties to include:
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into finished product.
- Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Leads production team in root cause investigations and implementation of corrective actions to resolve internal and external customer quality issues.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Collaborates with production team to implement process improvements which improve quality, reduce scrap, and improve throughput.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed an Engineering (mechanical, electrical or chemical preferred), physics, mathematics, or statistical degree at an accredited university.
- Successful applicants must have strong analytical and communication skills.
- CQE designation from ASQ is an asset
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, have a good work ethic, and be a team player.
- Position requires follow through on commitments, and a strong attention for details.
- Candidate must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org