Purchaser – Leamington
Job ID: 80132
Reporting directly to the Manager of Resources, the Purchaser is responsible for the procurement of required materials.
Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Tracking vendor evaluation and performance measurables
- Maintenance of material planning fields in Sage 300 (ie. Min, max, etc)
- Review and monitor inventory levels to satisfy stock product availability
- Send out and analyze request for quotations and select or recommend suppliers with whom orders are to be placed
- Work with Inside and Outside Sales to ensure timely communication of quotes
- Ensure proper preparation of purchase orders
- Follow up to expedite delivery and shipment
- Development of sources of supply and expediting for raw materials, purchased parts and freight carriers
- Responsible for keeping price records on purchased parts and raw materials
- May visit vendors to improve relations and assess their facilities
- Review and monitor material quality and follow up with vendors
- Issue reports on price records, cost trends and lead times
- Maintain tariff code fields on items
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Comply with and report to your Supervisor, any contravention of OHSA or Caxton Health and Safety polices
- Post Secondary Education
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in buying preferred
- Previous experience in the industrial manufacturing industry
- International experience in sourcing and general business preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Experience with Sage 300 a definite asset
- Knowledge of software programs designed for the reporting, analysis, management and control of manufacturing operations such as ERP and MES systems would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to manage time and workload independently and to cope with multiple priorities and the varying demands of a seasonal business is essential.
- The ability to communicate effectively with team members at all levels including senior management is essential.
- Able to connect with many different types of people and adjust approach accordingly is essential.
- Ability to plan and execute conversations and written communications to obtain required outcomes is essential. Must have a pleasant, helpful and optimistic attitude along with a willingness to increase skills and knowledge base.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com