Program Manager – Tool & Die
The Program Manager is responsible for quoting, planning, organizing, monitoring and managing all phases of Tool and Die build projects.
Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Conducting preliminary review – preparing and submitting quotes
- Meeting with customers and team members to gain understanding and knowledge of projects and to determine tooling requirements, components, materials, technologies, health, safety and security measures
- Monitoring project status and adherence to schedules, requirements and deadlines
- Maintaining accurate and complete records during the development process. Ensuring related oral and electronic communications regarding project requirements, design changes, problems, solutions, etc. are securely maintained and readily available for review. Responsible for following and updating the ATQP process
- Co-ordinating, recording, and implementing quality loops per standards as required. Ensuring problems are resolved quickly and effectively. Coordinating final customer design review and conducting design validation.
- Monitoring contracts and managing project budgets. Participating in monthly cost curve review meetings.
- Ensuring tools are fully functional and meet established project requirements and deadlines.
- Ensuring final versions of tooling and supporting materials are delivered to customers in a timely manner, and that all dynamic buy-off procedures are followed and completed.
- Conducting home line try-out meeting with plant personnel and closing meetings
- Working to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction with finished products and support services.
- Maintaining regular contact with plant personnel to obtain or convey information related to the project.
- Keeping management informed of projects, area activities, and any significant problems or concerns.
- Providing leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducting meetings to ensure personnel are well informed of project details.
- Formulating and implementing corrective actions as needed. Keeping accurate, thorough, and legally compliant documentation.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering or equivalent in experience; excellent leadership and project management skills
- Thorough understanding of tooling applications, processes, and equipment.
- Ten (10) or more years of Tool and Die / Project Management experience
- Knowledge of effective management techniques and methods. ISO, WHMIS, and APQP paperwork training.
- Must work well in a team environment; ability to motivate and collaborate with others
- Strong computer design skills, knowledge and abilities; ability to create, edit and understand Excel spreadsheets
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org