Mechanical Revit Designer – Kitchener, Ontario
Our customer, a steel modular company that designs and builds with HSS sections and uses a patented connection system is currently looking for a Mechanical Revit Designer in the Kitchener area. This position reports to the Director of Engineering and is responsible for using Revit to produce drawings for a variety of projects. The experience will be challenging yet rewarding as you shape the future of design and construction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce mechanical design and construction documents in Revit.
- Produce mechanical shop drawings for fabrication and construction.
- Produce detailed drawings that feed into automation
- Produce plans, sections, elevations, and details to convey mechanical design and construction information.
- Gain an understanding of building systems, codes, and construction methods.
- Promote a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Work under the direction of the internal architects and engineers.
- Convert CAD drawings/equipment layouts into Revit.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Produce schedules and bill of materials.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in architectural/engineering drafting.
- Proficiency in REVIT.
- Associates degree in Construction Technology, Drafting Technology or Computer-Aided
- Design and Drafting is a plus.
- Knowledge of BIM drafting techniques, standards, and software.
- Precise written and verbal communication skills.
- Good aptitude with the ability to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proficiency in construction detailing and an understanding of common construction techniques.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific BIM standards and procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org