Materials & Production Coordinator
Provides the appropriate material of the right quality, the right quantity, at right place and time, so as to coordinate and schedule the production activity in an integrative way. Ensuring timely shipment of finished goods to customers and sub-contractors. Responsible for managing the receipt and initial disposition of all incoming materials and deliveries (raw material, in-process parts, containers etc.).
- Accurately complete all shipping documentation to all customers within allotted times.
- Complete and distribute all required reports in a timely manner (shipping / receiving discrepancies, short shipments, etc.).
- Communicate relevant information (customer, quality, safety, warehousing related) to employees and departments as required.
- Interface directly with customers to communicate delivery status as required.
- Dispatch all transportation for outbound freights, as required by our customers and their consigned carrier to meet our ship windows, and for any miscellaneous shipments as required.
- Ensure that the proper packaging is used on all finished goods shipments, as per the packaging instructions and MRP system parameters.
- Coordinate Supplier pickups and deliveries with our approved carriers.
- Tracks production and maintain a running inventory of all steel/blanks/FG
- Sets up new part numbers in tracking system and maintains updates to all parts
- Orders all steel to meet customer demand
- Allocate shipping containers to all facilities.
- Monitor on-time delivery of steel
- Order blanks and monitor adherence to schedule
- Complete month end sales reports and WIP status
- Order consumables to keep plant running
- Direct shipper/receiver on shipments to other plants
- Post secondary education, Materials Management/Supply Chain Management Diploma/Degree or related experience.
- Minimum two to five (2-5) years production planning experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably metal stamping.
- Verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate with suppliers to confirm details, such as purchase order numbers as well as customers to obtain pickup and delivery instructions.
- Attention to details – able to read forms, such as invoices, parts order forms, packing slips and bills of lading as well as accurately complete forms, such as weekly inventory sheets.
- Time management skills - able to prioritize assignments given from supervisors at beginning of each shift and plan how best to sequence tasks to meet deadlines. Adjust plans as needed if new loads arrive from suppliers sooner than expected.
- Ability to work as a team over multiple locations as well as and independently.