Maintenance Millwright/Mechanic – Stamping ($30-36/hour)
The Maintenance Millwright/Mechanic is responsible for all aspects of maintenance and repair of metal stamping presses and mechanical equipment to ensure both short and long term safe, reliable and cost-effective production in accordance with company policies and relevant government standards/codes.
- Accountable for personal performance and promoting optimum team performance in achieving work area process objectives. Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of stamping presses and related equipment in the facility and provides technical and operational expertise as required.
- Ability to create and move forward a preventative/predictive press maintenance program to reduce press downtime and ensure efficient and safe operation.
- Performs skilled trade work and is responsible for mechanical overhauling, installation and maintenance of all process equipment.
- Fosters and supports a team environment
- Inspects, tests, records, monitors, and performs analysis, evaluation, selection, integration, installation and maintenance on mechanical systems used in an automotive press shop.
- Assists in the maintenance and cleaning of work areas
- Makes timely operational decisions and addresses/responds to emergency breakdown to ensure operational sustainability and efficiency.
- Provides updates and maintains the required documentation of all work area mechanical maintenance activities
- Performs all work assignments safely in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Regulations that apply to this work and other related legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess (and be able to maintain) a current Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic Millwright 433A in accordance with the regulations enforced in the Province of Ontario (however will consider experience over qualification)
- Extensive experience in the hand fitting of machine parts to very fine tolerances using a variety of tools and equipment used in general shop practices
- Knowledge of metal stamping presses an asset
- Thorough knowledge and experience in equipment rigging using a variety of methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience in the troubleshooting, testing, installation and repair of hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems, pumps, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the principals, standard methods, technology, materials and tools used in the Millwright trade.
- Basic knowledge of electricity as applied to valves, motor current use, motor magnetic centre, lockout and grounding etc.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental legislation and .the policies, procedures and regulations that apply to this work.
- Ability to read, interpret and prepare layouts, diagrams, schematics and manuals.
- Experience in electric arc and oxyacetylene cutting and welding, brazing, soldering and heat treatment of metals.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills such as coaching, initiative, conflict resolution, problem solving, teamwork effectiveness and an ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills and interest in continuous learning and improvement.
- Ability to work as a team over multiple locations as well as and independently.
- Team player and promoter of “what can I do to help” attitude.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com