Job ID: 79425
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, network equipment such as servers, modems, multiplexers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
- Provides personal computer, hardware, and software support. Install, services, and repairs personal computers and installs attendant software. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Maintains network diagrams and circuit records.
- Maintains trouble logs. Instructs users in the use of personal computers and networks.
- Performs basic PC, PBX, and network software programming.
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, world-wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis.
- Ordering of equipment from carriers (phones, etc.) and coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
- May design network or portion of network.
- Post secondary education (Degree or Diploma) in Information Technologies and/or Networking
- Ability to multi-task, project manage and communicate effectively