Industrial Millwright (Certified)
A very reputable unionized company in the Chatham area, is looking for a Certified Industrial Millwright to add to their Maintenance team, as they continue to grow and expand. Job duties to consist of the following:
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of machines
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Completes all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs
- Keeps current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, and maintains various electrical components, and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
- Troubleshoots, installs, and repairs plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment
- Performs mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, etc
- Prepares purchase orders for the purpose of securing needed supplies
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed
- Must be a certified Industrial Millwright (433A) with an automotive, manufacturing and/or production background
- Candidate with both mechanical and electrical background would be an asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com