Industrial Electrician (309A/442A) – Harrow, ON
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, will be responsible for improving designs of existing machinery and facilities under direction of the Electrical Supervisor or Maintenance Manager. This individual will assist in the development, design and completion of capital projects; create methods and machinery for continuous improvement within the plant. They will lead the strategic electrical projects for reliability, cost savings, quality, and safety in addition to maintaining plant software and backups for MES and PLC systems.
Responsibilities of the position include both construction and maintenance work in plant and facility equipment, including:
- Monitor Plant systems, analyze performance, and initiate action for optimization to achieve plant goals for safety, productivity, and cost effectiveness
- Study conditions at site and work with others as necessary to gather data and pertinent information for upcoming projects
- Perform PLC & Drive programming for Allen Bradley, SAF and Rexroth Components
- Address safety issues in a timely fashion with regard to mill hazards, electrical issues and programming
- Assist with specification and integration of control devices such as PLCs, sensors, transmitters, transducers, relays, VFDs, operator interface devices etc.
- Prepare as built drawings and specifications to complete assignments to be approved by the Maintenance Manager
- Review project related proposals, RFQ’s and bids from suppliers; and make recommendations to the Maintenance Manager
- Work with maintenance and operations to solve equipment problems
- Maintain, monitor, and improve production control equipment (PLC’s, Drives, etc.….) plant wide
- Manage records regarding all system software changes and communicate any changes to affected employees
- Work in compliance of the Ontario Health & Safety Act, Ministry of Labour Employment Standard Act and the a strong working knowledge of Electrical Safety Authority Code.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 309A is preferred – Construction Maintenance Electrician License: but will consider 442
- A minimum of four (4) to five (5) years experience in a production or manufacturing facility (or similar) as an Industrial Electrician, participating in routine preventative maintenance of machinery
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written ability
- Proactive and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong leadership and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with AutoCad to create & modify drawings and strong ability to read prints
- Strong computer skills
- Strong PLC ability (Allen Bradly) and HMI experience (PanelView/Wonderware)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org