General Manager – Strategic Business Leader (Manufacturing)
Reporting directly to the Divisional President of Canada, the General Manager responsibilities will include generating business plans and/or components of the business plan, including Product and Territorial Sales plans. Responsibility for the overall price management, account/project strategies and working closely with the multiple tiers of Canadian Sales department. The position will at times drive product specific sales plans. As a strategic leader sitting at the table with the decision makers, this individual will help drive continuous improvement throughout Canadian division and will work diligently to exceed company objectives and goals..
- Business Planning - macro and micro forecasts for the Canadian division along with various departments, including future prospects, current manufacturing maturing, new business, loss of business, manpower plans, cost structures, etc. - all the business reporting and presenting for Executive Management
- A conduit of communication, strategy and mentoring between sales and production - driving specific growth on certain manufactured product lines
- Develops and implements price management structure for catalogue of manufactured product (both Global and Canadian)
- Assist with or lead capital projects
- Price Management of manufacturing for new launches (quoting and estimating)
- Assist current Plant Operations Manager from a strategic perspective
- Manages product opportunities and strategies - working with multiple departments
- Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility and sign off authority for expense items in the facility
- Develops market segment sales plans to specific products / markets
- Manages and creates items with ing the business planning process.
- Develop and maintains inventory management to support sales, inventory programs and support on-line sales
- Assist in the training of new staff, typically in sales functions.
- Provides guidance to operations staff (plant floor) and dries continuous improvements and company objective and goals.
- Must have successfully completed a degree in Business (B.Comm) with a preference given to an MBA graduate.
- Must have a manufacturing acumen with experience on the business and operational side in a strategic Leadership role
- A business, sales and marketing background would be highly advantageous
- Any financial savvy (i.e P&L) and number crunching ability would be highly advantageous for the reporting aspect of the business
- Strong leadership skills across various departments and ability to mentor new staff and recently promoted employees
- Must be strategic and forward thinking with an intuition in the manufacturing business
- Ability to effectively communicate and report to Executive Leadership in a Management capacity
- Additional details and clarification to be provided in initial interview process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com