Design Engineering Manager
Reporting to the President, this Design Engineering Manager will be responsible for the full Design Department and its daily functions, with some of the following duties:
- Management of the Design department, consisting of 6-10 Designers - to include hiring, training and directing daily duties and functions of the team to meet company objectives and project timelines
- Participate as a part of the strategic Management team, with company goals and objectives and implementing efficiencies, including improving design to flow more easily/readily to the production floor
- Provide concepts and design direction/guidance to design team
- Ability to manage the design of products, machines and concepts on SolidWorks - tweak designs as necessary and further develop products
- Participate and/or take a lead in Lean Manufacturing initiatives and efficiencies
- Product improvements, standardization and Research and Development
- Travel to customer sites as needed and positively represent the company during technical product presentations and reviews
- Assist with service and warranty issues
- Interact and collaborate with customers and team members on product development, problem resolution and launch
- Manage special projects as required by Management
- Mechanical Engineering degree/diploma (or similar) is required.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in a manufacturing design department utilizing Solid Works software, with a minimum of three (3) years successfully supervising and/or managing a design team.
- Industry specific experience with the design and execution of building equipment and machinery, with a focus on material handling equipment and conveyor systems.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and lead a team toward common goals and company objectives, while promoting a safe and positive work environment
- Proficient communicator (verbal and written) with ability to deal with all types of employees and customers.
- Strong trouble shooter
- Known ability to follow-up and follow-through, on both the Management side and the customer side.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com